Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Making the daily print to electronic leap

Each day, I receive multiple printed newspapers, and try to make my way "through" all of them. Whem I am finished, I usually have a stack of articles and pages that I have torn out because something in them caught my attention.

From there, I do various things with them ranging from sharing with a friend and putting in a paper file to looking up the article to send to someone electronically or simply following up on the lead created by the printed piece to do something else online.

I have always felt that printed newspapers either don't believe there are many people like me or don't care. They do very little to make the jump from the newspaper's printed product to one of its electronic offerings - directly on the same item be it news or advertising - very easy most of the time.

Can't we do better? Shouldn't we try?

No comments:

Post a Comment