Friday, March 5, 2010

"Times Wire" - The New York Times

I wonder if we are doing all that we could to review what people are finding valuable online that might be incorporated into some printed newspaper offering.

Take the "Wire" page of The New York Times, for example. I find myself checking it regularly in the course of most days. There is something about the way they run, have designed it, etc. that apeals to me and I think it is judged to be successful by the Times.

My point is that if we understood better why I and others like this so much, that might trigger, for example, the idea of adding an overnight, locally printed rundown of "Wire" items printed just before physical delivery. Or something more anchored in the regular printed paper itself that simply reinforces the printed-digital link that occurs in so many lives like mine. For those who do not make that link, they don't know what they are missing and people in the communications business ought, above all, be able to describe that in words and pictures for those who have not seen and lived it. No?

No comments:

Post a Comment